Problem Sheet A
- Problems 1 and 2 ask you to verify claims I made in class regarding the tent map, the logistic map, and the circle rotation.
- Problem 3 is an example of a dynamical system with exactly one compact invariant set.
- Problem 4 shows that transitive dynamical systems on metric spaces with isolated points are not very interesting.
- Problem 5 asks to you to prove the “stronger” version of transitivity I mentioned in class today (which is in fact not stronger at all).
- Problem 6 concerns transitive maps that are also contractions.
- Problem 7 gives another equivalent way of formulating transitivity on metric spaces without isolated points.
- Problem 8 is about transitive flows. The analogue of this result is not true for discrete dynamical systems.
Click on the open_in_new in the top right-hand corner to download the PDF.
Comments and questions?