Problem Sheet F
- Problem 1 asks you to compute the topological entropy of the shift map.
- Problem 2 asks you to compute the ball dimension of two somewhat exotic spaces.
- Problem 3 constructs an example of a dynamical system on the interval with infinite topological entropy.
- Problem 4 shows that transitive dynamical systems on the interval are always surjective and always have at least one interior fixed point.
- Problem 5 gives another criteria for a transitive dynamical system on the interval to be mixing. This problem is quite hard.
Comments and questions?